From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org]
On Behalf Of Miyakawa, Natsuki
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:18 PM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: [mems-talk] Anodic bonding

Dear all,

When I bond glass wafer (Borofloat33, Schott) with silicon wafer anodically,
then I observe lot of small spots on the back side of the glass wafer which
make the glass to appear rather cloudy. So far as I understand  this
phenomenon is due to locally concentrated sodium ions.

My question: Is there any method to avoid this happens so that the glass
wafer remains clear and transparent after the anodic bonding?

Thanks!

Regards

Natsuki
reply