From: mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-bounces@memsnet.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Sunal
Sent: January 27, 2010 11:02 AM
To: General MEMS discussion
Subject: Re: [mems-talk] metal coverage over ridge

I would simply bleed nitrogen into the chamber and bring up the pressure
to result in a mean free path shorter than your source-substrate distance.
 The more multiples of mean free path to source-substrate distance, the
more conformal your coating will be.  Gold is relatively inert, therefore
having nitrogen in the background won't contaminate the film.

Rotating the substrate as you already do will help as well during this
high)er) pressure evaporation.

Best of luck,

Paul

reply