>From my experience, SU-8 worked fine as a mould for polyurethane (in my case:
Ebecryl 270). The mould did wear out more quickly compared to the use of PDMS -
I expect 5-10 casts of Ebecryl per mould before you need a new one. Hope this
answers your question.

Kind regards,

Dirk Renckens
Chem Eng PhD Candidate
Delft University of Technology

________________________________

From: Darren Alvares [mailto:d.alvares@student.unsw.edu.au]
Sent: Thu 11-2-2010 01:08
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Polyurethene Mould

 Hi All,

I would like to use a micro moulding technique to cast a pattern into spun on
polyurethane.  I wanted to used a rigid material to pattern the negative easier
to align. I was thinking of SU-8 using photolithography but I am not sure if the
polyurethane would just simply peel of this.  Another other suggestions of
photoresists that would not adhere to polyurethane (PMC-790 by Smooth on)

Darren Alvares

reply