durusmail: mems-talk: Damaged wafers after SC1 clean
Damaged wafers after SC1 clean
2010-10-21
Damaged wafers after SC1 clean
Felix Lu
2010-10-21
Dear Evgenia,

    I didn't see the attached picture (not supported by the
newsgroup?) You need to provide some more information:
1. What is the ratio of your HN4OH, H2O2, DI water?
2. what temperature are you using it at? for how long?
3. Describe your damage features.
4. what wafers (grade, orientation, etc) from what vendor is the
problematic one?
5. describe how you're loading the wafers into solution.

Thanks.

Felix

On Oct 21, 2010, at 3:03 AM, Fradkin Evgenia - Golda wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've encountered a serious damage to the wafers surfaces during SC1
> cleaning process.  A picture of a damaged silicon wafer after the
> cleaning process is attached.
> This damage occurs only for wafers from a certain vendor.
>
> It seems that wafers from other vendors are damaged as well if being
> cleaned in the same solution after the said damaged wafers.
>
> Have anyone encountered such a problem before? Can you suggest what
> might be the cause?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evgenia

Felix Lu