durusmail: mems-talk: Chrome and Oxide
Chrome and Oxide
abhaya joshi
2010-11-16
There can be two problems; as i suspect.

1) Your oxide layer is not completly removed. so your Cr is not going in Cr
etchant.

2) Or u might be using KI based gold etchant.which will not affect the Cr,
but HNO3+HCl based gold etchant (Aqua regia)  will etch Cr very fast.But be
careful for underetching.

How you are depositing top oxide layer?

Best Luck

-abhay Joshi