durusmail: mems-talk: SU-8 2100 PreBake & PostBake Time
SU-8 2100 PreBake & PostBake Time
SU-8 2100 PreBake & PostBake Time
Andrew Sarangan
2010-11-23
For SU8 on glass, make sure the substrate is clean and dry. I find it
helpful to vacuum bake the glass slide, and then transfer to the spin
coater and coat the SU8 while the substrate is still warm. This will
reduce moisture accumulation. For baking, do a slow ramp, something
like 5C every 2 minutes. I did not find the bake times to be critical,
but the ramp times were more critical to reduce stress buildup and
peeling issues.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Nirmal punjabi  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with SU-8 2100, the datasheet gives some Prebake & Postbake
> timings. Till now i was using Silicon wafer as substrate for making SU-8
> structures. I want to use some other material like glass slide or acrylic as
> substrate.
>
> Does substrate material or thickness has effect on prebake or post bake
> time?
>
> If Yes, how to change Baking time with different substrates?
>
> Thank You.
reply