From: Yiwei Yan
To: General MEMS discussion
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:49:40 -0700
Subject: [mems-talk] making 100um holes in thin PDMS film

Hi everyone,

I need to make arrays of 100um holes in thin PDMS film (thickness
1~2mm). The thin PDMS film with holes would be peeled off for use. I
tried to pattern SU-8 cylinders on silicon wafer and then spin coated
PDMS on it to form holes. However, it is very hard to release the PDMS
by hand. The area with the feature is easy to break during releasing.
Anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

Also I'm thinking about punching holes after peeling the PDMS film
off. Does anyone have the experience of punching 100um or even smaller
holes in thin PDMS film? Any idea about what kind of tools to use?

Or any other idea about making this kind of PDMS thin films with 100um
holes, and possible to peel off?

Many thanks,

--
Yiwei Yan