durusmail: mems-talk: SoI wafer holders
SoI wafer holders
Bill Flounders
2011-02-12
CAUTION

This cassette is almost definitely Not teflon
and Not acid resistant. Do Not place in a piranha bath.
This is a common cause of a serious lab accident.
Placing a large amount of oxidizable material
(like a poly propylene cassette) in a large bath of acid
(like a heated piranha or RCA bath)
results in violent reaction and likely significant acid splatter.

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley

Nikhil Sheth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought few SOI wafers from UltraSil. They have come in one white colored
> cassette like a wafer holder with slots. I am wondering if that wafer holder
> is Teflon coated or acid resistant. Can anyone tell me how to identify
> that?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nikhil Sheth
reply