durusmail: mems-talk: Thermal Oxide Si Wafers
Thermal Oxide Si Wafers
Thermal Oxide Si Wafers
Edouard Duriau
2011-02-14
Hi,

If you want to remove SiO2 from the backside of the wafer,  the easyest is
to spin resist on te front side of your wafer for protection, then to etch
the backside in buffered HF and subsequently strip the resist from the front
side.

Cheers,

Ed

 **
*Edouard Duriau*|* ASML Netherlands BV *|* CS-ABS Imaging Systems*
****Room 07.H.2.020 | P.O. Box 324, 5500 AH Veldhoven | De Run 6501, 5504 DR
Veldhoven | The Netherlands
*T* +31 40 268 2116 |* **E edouard.duriau@asml.com
*|* I* *http://www.asml.com*
**

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Babis  wrote:

> Hey, All
>
> I have recently purchased Thermal Oxide Si (Highly doped) wafers in order
> to prepare Organic TFT samples. However the wafers are double side deposited
> with SiO2. In order to make contact on the un-polished side, I suppose I
> have to etch SiO2. What methods do you propose for that purpose. Is there
> anything to watch out in order to achieve better results?
>
> Thank you in advance!
reply