From: dineshan ak [mailto:dineshan_ak@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 4:24 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Wet etch of WSi2

Hi all,

I am looking for a chemical solution to perform wet etch of tungsten silicide
layer.

I am working on gate oxide pinhole failure analysis and my gate is polysilicon
with WSi2 on top of it. i have tried HCl, H2O2 and SPM to etch Wsi , but was
unsuccessful. The conventional way of removing Wsi2 is polishing. But it will
induse damages to polysilicon. I also can not go for plasma etch as it will
casue damage to poly.

Can anyone please suggest some chemical for tungsten silicide etch. thanks a
lot.

Dinesh

reply