durusmail: mems-talk: SU8 2mm thickness
SU8 2mm thickness
Felix Greiner
2011-09-23
Hi Hari,

We use SU8 2025 to cast SU8 layers of 1,2mm:
http://www.emk.tu-darmstadt.de/institut/mitarbeiter/mems/kohlstedt-
anika/forschung/konstruktionswerkstoff-su8/

I suggest this also works fine for 2mm. Just dispense the appropriate amount of
SU8 in the center of the wafer. It will run until the boarder of the Si and no
further. Place a petri dish on top of your
SU8 (not in contact, only to have a lot of solvent in the air above the wafer)
for the first 15-60
min of slow ramp baking. This levels your thick film.

Otherwise you could try to use the laminate system SUEX. Don has 1mm thick
sheets, you only have to laminate twice: http://www.djdevcorp.com/

Kind regards

Felix

On 20:59, hari krishnan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any type of SU8 with which I can make a 2mm coating in one spin?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Hari

reply