durusmail: mems-talk: Non-outgassing, high-temperature adhesive needed
Non-outgassing, high-temperature adhesive needed
Non-outgassing, high-temperature adhesive needed
Mike Whitson
2011-11-10
Have you checked through EpoTek's line?  They appear to advertise a pretty wide
range of non-outgassing products adhering to ASTM E595 and/or MIL-STD 883/5011,
and some high-temperature applications products; one of their technical people
could probably tell you very quickly if they have something matching both
requirements.

Just on a quick skim of some randomly selected products, I see some advertising
low outgassing at 300 C for hermetic sealing applications; you'd have to ask
them about going up to 425.

(I don't work for them, but I am a satisfied customer of theirs.)

http://www.epotek.com/search-
results.asp?matchType=k&searchField=28&txt=Keyword=High%20Temp%20Applications
http://www.epotek.com/SSCDocs/Brochures%20and%20Selector%20Guides/Brochures/Low%
20Outgassing%20Brochure.pdf

Mike Whitson

On Nov 10, 2011, at 14:01, Kirt Williams wrote:

> I am looking for an adhesive suitable for adhering chips inside of a vacuum
> package. It must be certified for no outgassing and be able to tolerate 425
> degrees C for 15+ minutes. I have seen the Master Bond adhesives, but they
> only go up to about 200 degrees C.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Kirt Williams
reply