From: mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org [mems-talk-
bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org] on behalf of Naa-Dei Nikoi
[deinikoi@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:25 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Stripping Positive Photoresist

Hello,

I do apologise for asking what must be a very basic question. I'm using
S1815 photoresist to create micropatterns for cell culture on borosilicate
glass. I'm pretty happy with the process save for ensuring a good strip.
Part of the patterning process sees me hardbake exposed and developed
coverslips at 120 deg C for 10 minutes before applying a silanization
solution to the exposed glass (1% dichlorodimethylsilane in heptane)  and
curing that at 120 deg C for a further ten minutes -- even so, positive
photoresist shouldn't be that challenging to remove.  When stripping, I
typically wash with acetone followed immediately by isopropanol and then
soak the glass in warmed 1165 ( I warm to 80 deg C then pour over  for ten
minutes before rinsing in isopropanol and water.  I can still see 'shadows'
of the patterns when looking under a light microscope, which I find rather
disturbing.   Unfortunately, I don't have access to an asher or oxygen
plasma -- I'm working in what is very much a 'general' lab.  I've tried an
alternative method of soaking in two changes of DMSO (five minutes each
time) and the results haven't been any better.

Any advice I can get on improving my process I would dearly love.

Thanks,

Naa-Dei
reply