durusmail: mems-talk: e-beam sio2 to Kapton
e-beam sio2 to Kapton
e-beam sio2 to Kapton
Shane GUO
2011-11-28
Hi,

I should make a correction of my observation. It seems like the problem is the
wetting of SiO2. Once the SiO2 was wetted, it lost adhesion with Kapton sheet.
Any one met the similar problem? Was this caused by the method of depositing
SiO2?

Thank you

evaportation. However, after heating at 80C for 1hr, I can see some powders
(golden color) on the SiO2 layer and it seems the SiO2 does not adhere to Kapton
very well. The SiO2/powder could be scrached off by hand. My questions are,

>1. What are those powder like golden color things?
>2. Can I use a Ti layer as a seed layer and e-beam SiO2 on top of it to improve
adhesion, as I found Ti adheres very well to Kapton.
reply