durusmail: mems-talk: mems development software
mems development software
mems development software
MCNIE Mark
2012-02-15
The answer depends on what you want to do. I not currently a design
software user but in past roles have been round this loop a few times.

If you want a flexible multi-physics finite element package then Comsol
is good (and cheap), however, my past experience was only CoventorWare
could cope with contact electrostatics.

The parameterised library elements with associated analytical models
(Architect or MEMS+) available from Coventor is also very powerful,
reducing simulation times dramatically to the point where you can do
statistical analysis of process variations, etc. and predict yield /
performance spread.

Other options to consider include SoftMEMS, Intellisense and MEMSolver.

Suggest you get trial licenses and compare them for what you want to do.

Best regards,

Mark McNie