From: mems-talk-bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org [mems-talk-
bounces+bmoffat=yieldengineering.com@memsnet.org] on behalf of Wolinski, Jeffrey
P [JPWolinski@GCC.EDU]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:23 AM
To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
Subject: [mems-talk] Frequency for oxygen plasma cleaner/etcher?

Hi,

When purchasing an oxygen plasma cleaner/etcher, what's the optimal frequency?
I've seen units available with 50 kHz, 100 kHz, 13.56 MHz, and 2.45 GHz.  I
primarily intend to use it to remove photoresist (AZ P4620) from 2" diameter Si
wafers containing Cu and Au structures.  I may also want to use it in the future
for parylene removal and Si3N4 etching (using CF4 + oxygen).

Any comments on the best frequency?  Some vendors have told me that 13.56 MHz is
best for PR removal but the yieldengineering web site recommends 50 kHz.

Also, is electrode shape (parallel plates vs. circular coil) critically
important?

Thanks.

Jeff

Prof. Jeffrey P. Wolinski