durusmail: mems-talk: Al grass on the 7740 glass
Al grass on the 7740 glass
Al grass on the 7740 glass
Xin Yan
2012-03-06
In the former device, there were no problem until i changed the sputtering
target.

At least ,we cann't see any grass on the Al layer at all by microscope.

But  now, no matter which target i used, the grass can be found and cause
short circuit.

if the problem is about stress, the phenomena should be minimized after
annealing.
but After i anneal Al layer at 400 degreeC for 1 hour, remove the grass,
then do the anodic bonding.
it still grows Al grass.

what if the stress is from  7740 glass?

Thank you :)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM, shay kaplan  wrote:

> This phenomena is known in the semiconductor (hillocks) - caused by
> aluminum
> stressing and relieving stress. Slightly better with 1% Si inside but
> almost
> impossible to get rid of it. Replace the aluminum with another metal.
>
> Shay

Yan Xin