durusmail: mems-talk: Vcuum chuck pressure? How to prevent wafer breaking?
Vcuum chuck pressure? How to prevent wafer breaking?
Vcuum chuck pressure? How to prevent wafer breaking?
Philipp Altpeter
2013-12-07
If the diameter of the vacuum intake is small enough, let's say you have
a 3 mm pipe, then the wafer is safe even if you use a strong rotary
pump. If you use really thin substrates, like microscope cover slides,
than you should user a strong support plate and stick the thin substrate
to the plate by the help of a droplet of isopropanol. And of course the
support plate is soaked to the vacuum inlet.