durusmail: mems-talk: [dorkbotpdx-blabber] [DIYbio] Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
[dorkbotpdx-blabber] [DIYbio] Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
2014-09-02
[dorkbotpdx-blabber] Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
[dorkbotpdx-blabber] [DIYbio] Can't find supplier for ~1 inch Viton stopper
Nathan McCorkle
2014-09-02
On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Jerry Biehler  wrote:
> Ahh, I see why viton now. Viton and nitrile are pretty interchangeable for
> vacuum systems. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Viton is
> more chemical resistant but it also holds water and out gasses longer than
> nitrile. Almost all of the electrometric seals in my system are nitrile and
> I can get down to 10^-8 torr without much problem.

Cool, good to know, I guess I want a nitrile stopper then! That is
something I didn't search for at all... I wonder what NASA has to say
about them (though of course they're probably swinging the temp in
their walk-in space simulator chambers since space is cold).

> How low are you trying to go?

10^-8 is where the instrument hovers I believe.

> This is my little system at home: http://flic.kr/p/kaT8XR

Sweet! For imaging?