durusmail: mems-talk: Tips on Anodic Bonding
Tips on Anodic Bonding
Tips on Anodic Bonding
Yinxiao Li
2015-05-06
Hi Leily,
1. It is possible to dice it. Wafer-to-wafer bonding saves time, and it's a
good choice!
2. I don't do anodic bonding in the clean room. Obviously you can do it
there, and carry your power supply and hot plate there, but not mandatory.
Yinxiao

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Leily Majidi  wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> For my experimental setup, I need to fabricate microchannels on Silicon
> wafer. I have a number of chips designed on the 4 inch silicon wafer with
> different aspect ratios of micrchannels. After using lithography and
> etching, I need to seal the chips. From the literature I found, usually
> anodic bonding is used to seal the wafer with glass. I looked up the
> facilities around my university and none of them has the anodic bonding.
> Therefore, I have to perform the process myself.
> As I am not familiar with the process, I have some questions:
> 1) If I do the process and bond the silicon wafer to glass wafer, is it
> possible that I use dicing to cut the wafer into my desired dimensions and
> into my chips?
> 2)From the sources I found about the anodic bonding setup, it seems it
> needs to be done in clean room. Do you know if it's necessary or not?
> I would be thankful if you share your knowledge with me about the process.
> Leily

Yinxiao Li