durusmail: mems-talk: KOH Etching 100 wafers
KOH Etching 100 wafers
KOH Etching 100 wafers
Andrew Sarangan
2015-10-26
6000 Angstroms of oxide in 1.5 hours is not unreasonable at 80-deg C. For
better etch resistance you need to consider nitride.

The 45-deg sidewall angle is curious. My suspicion would be the silicon.
How certain are you that it is <100>? Is the etch rate (regardless of the
sidewall angle) consistent with a 100 surface? At 80C you should be getting
about 80um/hr.

I don't believe the purity of KOH pellets plays a significant role. We use
pellets from an ordinary chemistry store, and they work fine.