durusmail: mems-talk: GaAs wet etch with Pd/Ge ohmic contact
GaAs wet etch with Pd/Ge ohmic contact
2017-10-02
[MEMS talk] sputtering Al2O3
GaAs wet etch with Pd/Ge ohmic contact
Pomphrey Industries Corporation
2017-10-06
I keep unsubscribing to this fucking email list!

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On 2 October 2017 at 12:47, Wenting Guo  wrote:

> Dear ALL,
>
> I've currently met a problem related to the wet etch of GaAs/AlAs
> (6nm)/GaAs structure.
>
> We have ohmic contacts (Pd/Ge) on the top and the bottom GaAs layer
> annealed. They behave well with linear IV curve at room temperature and
> with giga ohms at the liquid nitrogen temperature if one contact is at the
> bottom while the other on the top.
>
> Then I wet etched (H2O:H2O2;H2SO4=80:8:1) around the ohmic contacts on the
> top down to the bottom GaAs while keeping the ohmic contact at the bottom
> untouched. Afterwards, I measured the resistance between the top contact
> and the bottom contact again. However, the result shows that they are short
> through the AlAs layer now.
>
> I tried different combinations of the Pd/Ge thickness (25/75 nm -> 25/15
> nm) and the annealing temperature from 350C to 200C. The same short appears
> again and again,
>
> Is that possible the wet etchant somehow damage the AlAs layer? I'm running
> out of ideas for the moment. Could anyone kindly give me some suggestions
> about this?
>
> Many thanks,
> Best wishes,
> Wenting

*Mitchell Pomphrey, B.Sc. (Hons) Physics*

*CEO, Product Architect*

*Pomphrey Industries Corporation*

*t: *+1 (780) 938 1116

*e:* msp@pomphreyindustries.co

*s:* www.pomphreyindustries.co

*Follow Us on Facebook *@pienergie * &
Twitter *@PI_Energie

*ADVANCED SOLAR | ENERGY STORAGE | SPX HYBRID MICROGRIDS*

*--*

*DISCLAIMER: CONFIDENTIALITY*
This email transmission is strictly confidential and is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed (the "addressee") and may
retransmission, dissemination or other use that a person other than the
addressee makes of this communication is prohibited and any reliance or
decisions made based on it, are the responsibility of such person. We
accept no responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by any person
other than the addressee as a result of decisions made or actions taken
based on this communication or otherwise. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.