durusmail: mems-talk: RE: Help on processes
RE: Help on processes
RE: Help on processes
Chris Foreman
1999-08-24
Xiaochuan,
you can try to do a multi-stage oxidation. you will still have a small
step height that may cause problems with spinning resist but it will be
reduced. there is also a type of photoresist that is sputterable which
is a better solution, but I do not have specific info on this. for the
oxidation you can do...
1. oxidation
2. pattern structure A
3. oxidation
4. pattern structure B
5. oxidation
6. pattern structure C

this will leave no oxide on structure C, 1 layer on structure B, 2
layers on structure A, and 3 layers everywhere else. it requires careful
etching of the oxide to stop at the right time and I would keep each
layer about 0.1um thick at the most. at lower temps, koh is more
selective between oxide and silicon. I have done room temp koh etches
150um deep while consuming about 0.1um of oxide. you may try doing the
two shallow structures this way and getting the through holes with deep
rie.

Chris Foreman