durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Thick Resists for Au plating
Re: Thick Resists for Au plating
1999-02-10
Re: Thick Resists for Au plating
Shekhar Bhansali
1999-02-10
I've used AZ 4562 in the past to electroplate Au.  I'm not sure what the pH
of the solution was (I think it was around 8).  I had used a commercial
electroplating solution PUR=A-GOLD 402 sold by Enthone-OMI, Australia.

You could use cured polyimide or photoresist but they would need to be ashed.

Shekhar

At 06:35 PM 2/9/99 +0000, Todd Green wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for resists that can be spun up to around 25 microns and have
>good compatability with alkaline (pH=10) gold sulfite plating bath. We are
>using SJR 3740 but are interested in other alternatives. We tried SU-8
>but can't find anything to remove it. Is there anything else available?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Todd Green

reply