durusmail: mems-talk: Re: deflecetion measurement of bimetallic cantilever beams
Re: deflecetion measurement of bimetallic cantilever beams
Re: deflecetion measurement of bimetallic cantilever beams
Arun Majumdar
1999-04-21
You might like to look at the AFM literature on
measuring cantilever deflections.  There is
a good book by D. Sarid on this.  I will also
ask one of my students who is developing
a deflection detection system.

We are also doing similar things. You could check
our website:
http://www.me.berkeley.edu/mtpl/mtl.html

-- Arun Majumdar

At 12:48 AM 4/16/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi:
>We are using a laser optical system to measure the deflection of the
>bimetallic cantilever beams. We are not using the interferometer  method.
>Our output signal is a voltage from the PSD(Position Sensitive Dectector),
>and we would like to know how much does the cantilever beam deflect.
>
>Does anyone have such experience to calibrate this kind of measurement?
>I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
>OR some advice on how to measure the deflection of the bimetallic
>cantilever beam(say, a 100um X 50um cantilever).
>
>Thanks,
>Junhua Wu

Professor Arun Majumdar
Department of Mechanical Engineering