durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Silver As Si Etch Mask
Re: Silver As Si Etch Mask
Re: Silver As Si Etch Mask
Albert K. Henning
1999-04-22
Straub, Marc (M.A.) wrote:

> Does anyone have or know of any experience using silver thin films as masks
> for etching silicon in any of the common anisotropic etch processes,
> including KOH, TMAH, EDP or the Bosch/STS Deep RIE process?  [I need Ag on
> my finished device for an unrelated reason, but it would be very helpful if
> I could also use it as an etch mask.]

We use gold as an etch mask for KOH.  Works like a charm.  I don't have
them at my fingertips, but you could ask one of our process engineers,
Dean Hopkins (hopkinsdjr@aol.com), for references.

Al
--
Albert K. Henning, Ph.D.
Director of Technology      650/617-0854 (Office)

reply