durusmail: mems-talk: Re:
Re:
Eran Socher
--------------CEF0B4AA18D423A84A059DB3

Hello Mario,

Although you mentioned you want an isotropic etchant, for fast wafer
thinning purposes it is easy to use either KOH or TMAH solutions.
Results show that the surface polishing is hardly affected if you want
to etch only 50 um on each side. KOH is faster but I think that TMAH
yields better smoothness. I hope this is helpful.

Eran Socher
Dept. EE, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, Israel

Mario Adamschik wrote:

> Question for Discussion group:
>
> Subject: Isotropic Si etching with high etching rate
>
> I am searching for a etchant for high rate isotropic
> Si etching.
> I want to thin a 200 micron wafer to 100 micron.
>
> Thank to all in advance
> Mario

reply