durusmail: mems-talk: Re: control of electrostatic actuators
Re: control of electrostatic actuators
1999-04-30
Re: control of electrostatic actuators
Selden Crary
1999-04-30
--------------BDC9670FED8B58B234B38645

Dear Andreas Ehrlich:

        Here are some citations relevant to your interest in controlling
electrostatic actuators in the normally unstable region:

J.I. Seeger and S.B. Crary, "Stabilization of Electrostatically Actuated
Mechanical Devices," Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference
on Solid-State Sensors and Actuators (Transducers '97), Chicago,
Illinois, USA, June 1997, pp. 1133-1136 (1997).

J.I. Seeger and S.B. Crary, "Analysis and Simulation of MOS Capacitor
Feedback for Stabilizing Electrostatically Actuated Mechanical Devices,"
Proceedings of the Second International Conference on the Simulation and
Design of Microsystems and Microstructures (Microsim 97 or Microsim II),
R.A. Adey and Ph. Renaud, Editors., Computational Mechanics Publications
(http://www.cmp.co.uk), Southampton, UK and Boston, USA, ISBN: 1 85312
501 6, pp. 199-208 (1998).

E.K. Chan and R.W. Dutton, "Effects of Capacitors, Resistors, and
Residual Charges on the Static and Dynamic Performance of
Electrostatically Actuated Devices," in Design, Test, and
Microfabrication of MEMS and MOEMS, Bernard Courtois, Selden B. Crary,
Wolfgang Ehrfeld, Hiroyuki Fujita, Jean Michel Karam, Karen Markus,
Editors, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 3680, pp. 120-130 (1999).  [30 March -
1 April 1999, Paris, France]

Sincerely,
Selden B. Crary
Center for Microsystems
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
crary@umich.edu

Andreas Ehrlich wrote:

Dear Colleagues
starting my work on MEMS I would appreciate if anybody can send
me some information about control of electrostatic driven actuators
in the instable regime. Especially I am interested in control
mechanisms to keep the actuator output linear at great deflection
angles. Any information about latest breakthroughs would be highly
appreciated. Thanks in advance

Andreas

==================================
Dr. Andreas Ehrlich