durusmail: mems-talk: Re: ultrathin foils
Re: ultrathin foils
2000-03-29
Re: ultrathin foils
Nickolay Lavrik
2000-03-29
--------------A13AE16CFA11DFB63F23E5D3

I would like to thank all the authors posting replies to my question about
suppliers of ultrathin foils.

Most of the replies reffered to Goodfellow inc. (http://www.goodfellow.com).
The company indeed offers a great variety of foils but their prices per
quantity are a bit too high to be useful for my project. In fact, I was a
little bit surprised to see that the 5-10 micron foils are much more expensive
than ultrathin Si of the comparable thickness. Since the particular material
was not essential in my case, I ended up with etching Si single crystal wafers
down to a desirable thickness.

Nickolay

--------------------------------
Nickolay Lavrik
University of Tennessee
Department of Chemistry
420 Buehler Hall

Ph.(865) 974-6174
Fax (435) 203-5884
http://web.utk.edu/~nlavrik
> answers that you receive either to the MEMS mailing list or forward them to
> me personally.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Edwin
>
> At 09:08 20/03/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >I am looking for US suppliers of ultrathin (< 10 microns) metal (gold,
> >platinum, chromium, titanium) foils and will highly appreciate any
> >relevant information.
> >
> >--
> >
> >Nickolay
> >
> >lavrik@novell.chem.utk.edu