From: RAH@moore-solutions.com [ mailto:RAH@moore-solutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2000 6:39 AM
To: MEMS@ISI.EDU
Subject: Bond strength of Si-Si bonds

Hello all:
I'm trying to determine quantitatively the strength of silicon-to-silicon
bonds compared to anodically bonded silicon-to-glass bonds. I'm interested
in bond strength when applying pressure to a cavity etched in one of the
silicon wafers in the bonded pair. Applied pressures will range from 500-
4000 psi. I'd appreciate any data or resources that you may know of in this
regard.
Thanks

Rich Hjulstrom
Siemens Moore Process Automation, Inc.