durusmail: mems-talk: Re: vertical film of gold
Re: vertical film of gold
Re: vertical film of gold
Olivier de Gabrielli
2000-05-31
Dear Sir,
For the second question you will find the answer in the Silicon - Gold
phase
diagram.
Au/Si is an eutectic compound for 19% Si with eutectic temperature of
363°C.
In a first approach you will have no alloy under 300°C.

Best regards.

yi-chu hsu wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am a graduate student at U. of Washington and My lab is developing a new
> design.  The design needs a vertical film of mirror on the surface of the
> stucture, NOT a horizontal layer.
>
> I have two questions: first, how can we make a vertical film of gold
> on the top of surface.  Second, I am told that silicon and gold will
> become alloy and all my structure will be destroyed.  Does anyone know
> at what temperature polisilicon and gold will become alloy?
>
> Thank you!
> Yi-Chu

> Yi-Chu Hsu
> yichu@u.washington.edu
>
> TEL: (206) 523-4471

Olivier de Gabrielli - Coordinateur Scientifique
A. C. M. I.
Association Capteurs, Mesure et Instrumentation.
Centre Universitaire de Formation et de
Recherche d'Archamps
Immeuble "Le Salève"
F - 74166 ARCHAMPS - France
Tel: 33 (0)450 31 55 10           Fax: 33 (0)450 31 57 21

mailto:odegabrielli@c4i.fr
mailto:acmi@c4i.fr                http://www.c4i.fr/welacmi/acmi.html