durusmail: mems-talk: Bonding laser diode
Bonding laser diode
Bonding laser diode
Robert Dean
2001-08-06
At 10:53 AM 8/4/01 +0800, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I'm looking for a 'simple' way to attach a laser diode *chip* directly to a
>substrate (just R&D work, not for production :-) that would allow proper
>cooling, so that the LD can be operated. Is it possible directly on silicon?
>Any help will be appreciated!
>
>Note that I don't want to attach the LD just to be able to take SEM pictures
>(this I know how to do :-), I really want the thing to work (for the lead
>wire I'm using wire bonding).
>
>Thanks again,
>Franck CHOLLET
>----

Frank,

Hello.  We can attach bare die to a variety of substrate materials
including silicon, ceramic and laminate.  Depending on the die and
substrate metallurgies, we have several methods of accomplishing this:
thermocompression gold bonding, tin-lead solder balls, gold-tin eutectic
bonding and conductive adhesive.  Please contact me if we can be of
assistance.

Sincerely,

Robert Dean

Research Associate IV