durusmail: mems-talk: Dryfilm use in MEMS
Dryfilm use in MEMS
2001-09-21
Dryfilm use in MEMS
eddy
2001-09-21
Dear kida:
     It  is interesting that the dryfilm can produce 5-6 micro width. I used
this kind film with resolution about 40 micro,  I want to know more detail
about your film:

1. the relationship between thickness and resolution.
2, the equipment for attaching film to wafer. PCB is big size. Do you have
special tool for small substrate?
3. The selectivity of the film to dry etching and some typical etching
solution in MEMS, such as aluminum etching, BOE.

Thanks
Eddy Chen

Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:32:22 -0700
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> From: Tetsuo Kida
> Subject: [mems-talk] Dryfilm use for MEMS
>
> Dear sirs
>
> I am working for a company that represents Asahi kasei's dryfilm resist
for
> PCB industry in the US.
> There is a company in Sillicon Valley that tries to make very finely
> patterned PCB substrate for ASIC packaging.
> They tried Asahi kasei's latest dryfilm and found that even 5-6 micron
> meter width trace can be made by using this dryfilm in conjunction with
> Ushio's projection camera. They used to use liquid resist with spin coater
> but they are starting to use this dryfilm instead.
> An engineer with this company suggested that MEMS people should be wanting
> a dryfilm which is capable of making around 5 micron width pattern and
that
> I contact somebody from MEMS industry.
> As I don't know anything about MEMS I am not sure if what he suggested was
> right or not but I would appreciate somebody answers to my comment or let
> me know who to talk to.
>
> Tetsuo Kida
> MEC USA SPECIALTY PRODUCTS INC.
> 540 Weddell Dr. Suite7