 To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
From: "Adnan Merhaba"
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:33:40 -0400
Subject: [mems-talk] gold electroplating

Hello,

My name is Adnan Merhaba and I am a process engineer with the American
technical ceramics. I have a question regarding pattern plating of gold, we
are currently using a cyanide bath and use 1818 photoresist to mask the
areas not to be plated, however during the plating process, we often find
that the resist shrinks, and hence plating occurs in region where it is not
supposed to. Does anyone know the root cause of this and what are the
possible solutions to avoid it?
Thank you
Regards,
Adnan