durusmail: mems-talk: Re: WETTING AGENTS
Re: WETTING AGENTS
Re: WETTING AGENTS
Robert Antaki
1996-06-13
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Jack W. Judy wrote:
> ] Dear MEMS,
> ]           I am currently having problems electroplating small nickel
> ] features (typically a few microns) through thick photoresist. I am unable
> ] to get the electroplating solution (Nickel sulphate based) into all the
> ] resist openings due to the high aspect ratios and small
> ] dimensions. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a suitable
> ] wetting agent to overcome this problem.
> ]
> ] Cheers,
> ]         Mike Young.
>
> Mike,
>
> Perhaps a pinch of the surfactant "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" will do the trick.
> You will often find it listed on the back of shampoo bottles.
>
> If you add too much the bath will form a foamy head like a beer.
>

> -Jack
For MEMs-CMOS integration considerations, will this "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate"
produce free sodium which could be harmful to the MOS gate oxide?

Robert Antaki
laboratoire LISA, physique du solide
departement de genie physique, Ecole Polytechnique
Courrier-E: antaki@lisa.polymtl.ca
tel: (514) 340-3716   fax: (514) 340-3706   lab: (514) 340-3717

reply