From: mems-talk-admin@memsnet.org [mailto:mems-talk-admin@memsnet.org]On
Behalf Of apatel43
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 2:03 PM
To: mems-talk
Subject: [mems-talk] chromium etchant or gold etchant??

Hi,

I was wondering if someone maybe able to suggest what type of etchant i
should
use.  I have approximately 500 angstroms of Cr deposited, followed by 1500
angstroms of Au, finally with a 50 angstoms Cr layer on top.  I only
deposited
the top Cr layer so that polyimide would adhere well to the wafer.  I would
like to etch away thru all there layers.  I'm sure if i should use aqua
regia
to etch away at the gold or should i use some sort of a Cr etch? if so which
one could you suggest please...

Thanks,
Arti

Arti Patel
Research Assistant/Graduate Student
University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Bioengineering
851 S. Morgan St. (m/c 063)
Chicago, IL 60607
Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
Visit us at http://www.mems-exchange.org/

reply