durusmail: mems-talk: a new manufacturing technology question
a new manufacturing technology question
a new manufacturing technology question
René Fléron
2002-01-14
Dear JC Field,

It is possible to do this kind of manufacturing, and it is used as Rapid
Prototyping
is various industries today. So in that sense it is "real", however whether
this technique
will take over MEMS fabrication in one blow is another question.

Personally I don't think so. It may be well suited for certain processes but I
believe that
it's flexibility with regards to choice of materials and maximum resolution is
still too limited.

regards

Reni Fliron