durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Interferometers
Re: Interferometers
1994-10-10
Re: Interferometers
Wood
1994-10-10
We already have a system from Polytec in Germany. It's only been running a
couple of months, but already results are looking promising. it can measure in
the spot size and frequency range you suggest, and we are looking at both
displacement and velocity.

We considered other systems, but either baulked at their cost, or did not
believe their method of operation could give the desired results. Cost from
Polytec was about 30k pounds - but if you want us to investigate some of your
samples, you now know our address!!

Cheers,

David Wood.

On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Vijayakumar R. Dhuler wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am looking to buy an interferometer which can help me in doing modal
> analysis of mems devices. I am hoping to be able to measure mechanical motion
> with frequencies up to 50 kHz. The width of the vibrating mems device could be
> as small as 10 microns. I am talking to UBM, but, would like to explore other
> options. If you are familiar with any other company that makes such a
> measurement tool, please share your knowledge with me.
>
> I appreciate very much your time and help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vijay Dhuler

reply