durusmail: mems-talk: Leak test for vacuum package
Leak test for vacuum package
2002-02-12
Leak test for vacuum package
Oberhammer Joachim
2002-02-08
Common test specifications (leak and gross test) for hermetic
packages are given in MIL-STD-883E, Method 1014.9 (SEAL). You can
download the whole test specifications from the net (I don't remember
the link). I doubt the suitability of at least the He-test for
volumes much smaller than 1 mm^3. Check out

Rao R. Tummala: "microelectronics Packaging Handbook: Semiconductor
packaging (Part II)", Kluwer, 1997, 2nd ed, pp. II-887.

Jourdain et al, "investigation of the hermeticity of BCB-sealed
cavities for housing (RF-)MEMS devices", Proc. MEMS2002, pp. 677-680.

>Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 01:34:47 +0800
>Subject: [mems-talk] Leak test for vacuum package.
>
>Dear all,
>
>Could you please give me some advice or information about
>leak test for vacuum package? As far as I know, there are
>some standard for leak test including fine and gross test.
>However, it is reported that the method is not very appropriate
>for small cavity.
>
>Any advice, information or reference are greatly appriciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Li Gang
-
Joachim Oberhammer, Dipl.-Ing.

Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)   Phone:    +46/(0)8 790 6250
Dep. of Signals, Sensors and Systems  Fax:      +46/(0)8 10 0858
Microsystem Technology (MST)          Mobile:   +46/(0)70 692 1858
                                       e-mail:   joachim.oberhammer@s3.kth.se
Osquldas vdg 10                       homepage: http://www.s3.kth.se/mst/
SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

reply