durusmail: mems-talk: Re: SHRINK and GROW commands in L-Edit ?
Re: SHRINK and GROW commands in L-Edit ?
2002-02-08
Re: SHRINK and GROW commands in L-Edit ?
Craig McGray
2002-02-08
Hello SZ,

My understanding is that the "Grow" operation is used when generating derived
layers. To access this feature in L-Edit 8.33, do the following:

  1. Go to the "Layers..." command on the "Setup" menu.
          --> (This will open the "Setup Layers" dialog.)
  2. In the "Setup Layers" dialog, select (or add) the layer that is to be the
result of the "Grow" operation.
  3. Select the "Derived" radio button.
  4. Choose "Boolean" for the derivation type.
  5. Under "Source Layers", select the original layer.
  6. Specify the growth factor in the "Grow" edit box.
          --> (A negative factor will shrink the layer.)

See "Boolean Operations in Generated Layers" on page 1-444 of the L-Edit 8 User
Guide for more information.

Best wishes for your work!

-Craig McGray
 Dartmouth College

mems-talk-request@memsnet.org wrote:

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:13:45 +0100 (CET)
> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?sou=20zou?=
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Subject: [mems-talk] SHRINK and GROW commands in L-Edit ?
>
>  Hi folks,
> the manual book " Physical Design of CMOS Integrated Circuits Using L-EDIT "
of the L-EDIT software, mention (chap.9-p2) that there's two commands in that
program which allows to reduce " SHRINK " or raise " GROW " by a factor X the
size of any L-EDIT layout layer.
> Does anyone knows where I can find such commands from the menu bar or
elsewhere and make the life easier for me ?
> Thanks a lot,
> SZ

reply