durusmail: mems-talk: Need Information about simple mask making
Need Information about simple mask making
Need Information about simple mask making
Craig McGray
2002-03-28
Hi Bob,

I am cautiously excited about your last note regarding 2-micron feature-size
masks from a mylar
film print out. Did you really mean to say 2 microns?

I have run a similar process, and have only been able to resolve ~20-micron
features, although
the printer used to produce the film had 4040 DPI resolution (6 micron dot
size).

I would be very interested in learning how you performed this process, and where
you were able
to find such high-resolution printing. Could you please provide the name of the
company that
provided this service?

Thanks much!

-Craig McGray
 6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
 Dartmouth College
 Hanover, NH, USA 03755

mems-talk-request@memsnet.org wrote:

> --__--__--
>
> From: BobHendu@aol.com
> Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:20:36 EST
> Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Need Information about simple mask making
>
> I once did a process of making the masks black and white on a Mac computer
> using a drawing program. Then I would take the disc to a service that
> printers use and have them make a mask of emulsion on a clear mylar sheet.
> The tool they used was some cool laser printer and it did the developing as
> well. This was good enough for me to use standard wafer photolithography to
> transfer the image to a substrate. Using deep contact printer I was able to
> resolve 2 micron features. Worked well for the images I was transferring.
> Good Luck
>
> Bob Henderson

reply