  From: Charles Ellis
  To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
  Date: Thursday, April 25, 2002 7:58 AM
  Subject: Re: [mems-talk] Wet etching TiW

  Hello Anke,

  I seem to remember having this problem 22 years ago. After etching the
Ti:W
  (in 30% H2O2 - stock solution), there would be a very slight residue.
Many
  times we could only see it after passivation, but if you looked close
enough
  you could detect it.  If my memory serves me correctly, we dipped the
wafers
  in an EDTA etchant (after the H2O2), the other thing that worked was to
etch
  the Ti:W in 30% H2O2 in a Stainless-Steel tank.  I know it sounds strange,
  but we fond that just using the SS tank made a great difference. I
remember
  we tried adding various Fe products in the Ti:W without much success.  I
  hope this helps.

  Charles Ellis
  Auburn University...