durusmail: mems-talk: Help with LiNbO3 patterning...
Help with LiNbO3 patterning...
2002-06-11
Help with LiNbO3 patterning...
chakravarthy.S.Yamarthy
2002-06-11
Hi,

I had the same problem when i was working with Lithium
tantalate.I had the problem of the charge build up and
also the photoresist sticking problems.

i would like to know if u are patterning photoresist
for metalisation(using lift off technique).if u are
patterning the substrate for metallisation,try to
deposit the metal first(Ti+Au)and later pattern it as
usual.and etch the metals.that process worked well for
me for lithium tatalate substrates and i presume both
are pyroelectric materials.

regarding the chargebuild up allow the substrate to
cool down completely to room temparature and start ur
process as usual(eventhough there may be some amount
of charge on it),but that does`nt matter.

bye
chakry
Auburn University
--- Nancy Lahoud  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently began working with LiNbO3 substrates and
> I was wondering if there are any recommendations for
> the following problems:
>
> 1. charge build-up following baking of resists even
> though substrate is being cooled slowly down to 60C.
>

> 2. Is there a well known method to increase
> throughput through the oven bake steps?
>
> 3. After develop, my pattern lifted in the Di water
> rinse. does anyone have any suggestions as to the
> problem of resist adhesion to the substrate (HMDS
> was used between the resist and the substrate).
>
> 4. Do you have any recommendations for processing
> information related to LiNbO3 for someone starting
> the learning curve with this material?
>
> Thanks in advance for all help that you can offer.
>
> Kindest regards,
>
> Nancy.
> Sign-up for Video Highlights of 2002 FIFA World Cup
> Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS
> processing services.
> Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

=====
To Know That We Know What We Know,And That We Do Not Know,What We Do Not
Know:That Is The True Knowledge.
Confucius
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

reply