durusmail: mems-talk: RE: simulation tool for surface tension
RE: simulation tool for surface tension
RE: simulation tool for surface tension
Alderete, Michael
2002-09-06
Thorsten-
I found a handy calculator, downloadable on the web. It's called a Surface
Free Energy Calculator, available from junzhang@dis.nus.edu.sg
  of the Data Storage Institute.
I don't know if it's powerful enough for your needs, but you may want to try
it out, or discuss it with the developer, Jun Zhang.
Good luck-

Michael Alderete
Lead Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Sensor & Electronic Systems
DRS Technologies Inc.
3400 E. Miraloma Ave Bldg 241-2
Anaheim CA 92806

michael.alderete@drs-sts.com
TEL (714) 762-2814
FAX (714) 762-6105

You wrote...
From:   "Thorsten Uelzen"  >
To:      >
Date:   Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:01:41 +0200
Subject:        [mems-talk] simulation tool for surface tension

Dear fellow MEMS Researchers,
I'm searching for a tool to simulate the behaviour of liquids on solid
surfaces dependence on the surface tensions. I've tried out the tool
"surface evolver", but it is very problematical to define various surface
geometries.
Do you know a tool for this problem?
Greetings,
Thorsten Uelzen

Dipl.-Ing. Thorsten Uelzen
Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg            fon: (+49) 40 42878 2397
Department of micro systems technology  (AB 4.07)  fax: (+49) 40 42878 2396
Eissendorfer Strasse 42                            email:
uelzen@tu-harburg.de   D-21073 Hamburg
www:
www.tu-harburg.de/mst
Germany