durusmail: mems-talk: SiO2:Si3N4 etch selectivity in HF
SiO2:Si3N4 etch selectivity in HF
SiO2:Si3N4 etch selectivity in HF
phil.lau@baesystems.com
2002-10-03
Hi,
        Actually, you may want to try using Phosphosilicate Glass (PSG)
as a possible alternative SACRIFICIAL LAYER, which has a high selectivity
to SILICON NITRIDE, when used in conjunction with 25-49 Wt% HF.

The PSG etchrate was a strong function of HF dilution. There was not much
discernable differnce in PSG etchrate at room temperature and at 40degC.

I came across a paper few years ago by David Monk in the IEEE conference on
solid state sensors and actuators, 1991/2(?).

Phil