durusmail: mems-talk: Re: PECVD nitride/oxide layer as a mask for KOH silicon etching (Swiss Chen)
Electro chemical etch stop and mems pr. sensor using peizoresistors
2002-10-04
Re: PECVD nitride/oxide layer as a mask for KOH silicon etching (Swiss Chen)
2002-10-07
Re: PECVD nitride/oxide layer as a mask for KOH silicon etching (Swiss Chen)
Yuanfang Gao
2002-10-07
Usually PECVD nitride or oxide layer is not good enough to sustain long time
KOH etching. If etch in a short time maybe it's ok, you can try it. KOH will
not attack Au/Cr layer. I etched Au/Cr layer for more than 3 hours, it's
still ok. Howerer, if the metal deposition surface is not clean enough, it
may be peeled off.

Yuanfang Gao
U of Missouri-Columbia

> From: "Swiss Chen"
> To: mems-talk@memsnet.org
> Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:27:51 -0500
> Subject: [mems-talk] PECVD nitride/oxide  layer as a mask for KOH silicon
etching

> Can I use PECVD nitride or oxide layre as a mask for KOH silicon etching?
> just want to etch 10-20um on silicon. Could someone tell me if this works
> fine? And also I am not sure if the KOH will attach Au/Cr layer.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Swiss

reply