durusmail: mems-talk: RE: About the thin out of AZ5214 positive photoresist
RE: About the thin out of AZ5214 positive photoresist
2002-10-15
RE: About the thin out of AZ5214 positive photoresist
Runkel, Frank
2002-10-15
Dear Tak Sing,

AZ5214 is an image reversal photoresist with PGMEA solvent designed for
about 1.4um layer thickness, but you can dilute this resist with pure PGMEA
for thinner layers. For a 0.4um layer I would try a solution of 1 part
AZ5214 and 1 part solvent. PGMEA is available from Clariant as "EBR
solvent".

If you do not need the image reversal feature of the AZ5214, you may use a
standard broad band resist, such as AZ1505 (also Clariant) or S1805
(Shipley). Both materials give 0.5um layers @ 4000rpm.

Best Regards,

Frank.

SUSS MicroTec
Applications Center Europe
Frank Runkel
Schleissheimer Str. 90
85748 Garching
Germany
Fon     +49 89 32007 - 302
Fax     +49 89 32007 - 390
email   f.runkel@suss.de

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:57:25 -0400
> From: "Wong Tak Sing"
> Subject: [mems-talk] About the thin out of AZ5214 positive photoresist
>
> Dear MEMS colleague:
>
>   I would like to use photoresist as sacrifical layer with required
> thickness around 0.2-0.3 um in my fabrication process.  However, typical
> AZ5214 positive photoresist usually gives 1.5 ~ 1.6 um thickness at 3000
> rpm spinning or down to 1 um thickness at 7000 rpm spinning.  I would like
> to ask if anyone has the experience to thin out the AZ5214 photoresist
> with 0.2 - 0.3 um thickness and I would be grateful if anyone can suggest
> me a solution.
>
>   Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>   Tak Sing