durusmail: mems-talk: Re: Wire bonding
Re: Wire bonding
koester@mcnc.org
1996-03-05
Chris,

MCNC, through the MEMS TechNet, currently offers die and wire bonding of MUMPs
chips that use a standard pad frame. In such a case as this, if your pads are
not too small (>75 um) and they are placed around the periphery of the chip, we
may be able to do this for you. In the past we have encountered situations
where bond pads were on the order of 25 um or less and placed erratically
around the chip making wire bonding extremely difficult. For this reason, we
encourage people to use our pad frames whenever they plan to do the packaging
at MCNC. If you have existing chips that require packaging we will be glad to
discuss your needs.

Dave Koester

MCNC Electronic Technologies Division           (919) 248-1493 (office)
MEMS Technology Applications Center             (919) 248-1455 (fax)
P.O. Box 12889
3021 Cornwallis Rd.                             email
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2889           http://mems.mcnc.org

> Greetings to the MEMS community,
>       I was wondering if anyone could recommend anyone who would offer wire
> bonding (Al) as a service?  I would have ~1cmX1cm die epoxied onto a IC
socket.
> I would be interested in wire bonding from Al pads to the IC pins.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Cormeau
> InterScience, Inc.
> 105 Jordan Rd.
> Troy, NY, 12180
> Ph (518)283-7500
> Fx (518)283-7502

From Paul Franzon Tue Mar 05 17:30:40 1996
To: mems@isi.edu
Subject: Re: Wire bonding
From: "Paul Franzon"
Date: Tue Mar 05 17:30:40 1996

We've used MCNC with reasonable success (ie. the wire bonding was fine but the
nitride was too thin for success.)

David:  Who should Chris contact, please?

On Mar 4, 13:44, ccormeau@unix.cie.rpi.edu wrote:

> Subject: Wire bonding
>
> Greetings to the MEMS community,
>       I was wondering if anyone could recommend anyone who would offer
wire
> bonding (Al) as a service?  I would have ~1cmX1cm die epoxied onto a IC
socket.
> I would be interested in wire bonding from Al pads to the IC pins.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Cormeau
> InterScience, Inc.
> 105 Jordan Rd.