durusmail: mems-talk: ask for help on simulation of residual stress
ask for help on simulation of residual stress
ask for help on simulation of residual stress
Assaf Nahum
2002-12-02
Hi Ebin,

I suppose that you have two layers.
First thing you have to know is - what is the residual strain (not stress)
of the two films. You can calculate that from the stress that the fab gives
you for each layer. Than, the best way to simulate residual strain with
Ansys is to apply temperature body load. The temperature should be uniform,
and should match the strain of this layer. Every layer should get different
temperature. The temperature body load is "bf,all,temp,-100", for 100
degrees cooling. Don't forget to assign to both materials TEC (Temp. Ex.
Coeff.)

If you need further help, I have an input file for it.

Best regards,

Assi Nahum, TeraOp, Israel
assaf.n@teraop.com