durusmail: mems-talk: Damping of thin films deposited at torsional beams
Damping of thin films deposited at torsional beams
Damping of thin films deposited at torsional beams
Damping of thin films deposited at torsional beams
Madanagopal K.V.
2003-01-22
The following book would be a good place to start:

Nowick, A. S. and Berry, B. S., Anelastic relaxation in crystalline solids,
Academic, NY, 1972.

Madan.

At 05:15 PM 1/22/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>does anyone know how a deposited film (oxid or metall) influences the
>Q-Factor / damping of torsional resonators. Gas damping is investigated in
>different publications. I did not find much to friction within composite
>beams or a plastic portion within the torsion.
>Any idea or reference is highly appreciated.
>
>Best Regards in Advance
>
>  -------------------------------------------
>Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Kießling
>Fraunhofer Institute
>Photonic Microsystems
>Grenzstr. 28
>D-01109 Dresden
>
>Tel.: +49(0)351/8823-283
>Fax:                -266
>email: torsten.kiesling@ipms.fhg.de
>Internet: http://www.ipms.fhg.de/
>Hosted by the MEMS Exchange, providers of MEMS processing services.
>Visit us at http://www.memsnet.org/

K.V.Madanagopal, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate
Alliance for Nanomedical Technologies